ThinkSystem SR645 powered by AMD EPYC 7002 Processors
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR645 is a dual-socket 1U rackmount server that supports the AMD EPYC 7002 “Rome” family of processors. Designed to tackle big data centre workloads such as databases, big data and analytics virtualisation, VDI, HCI, HPC and AI solutions.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR645 supports up to 64 cores and 128 threads per processor with core speeds of up to 3.7GHz, and a TDP ratings up to 280W. With support for the new PCIe 4.0 I/O standard with 3x PCIe slots.
With a wide choice of storage storage configurations the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR645 servers provides support for high capacity HDDs to lightning-quick NVMe drives to maximise both data capacity and throughput performance.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR645 provides the expandability, networking scalability, and speed necessary to ensure that I/O intensive workloads such as software defined networking, and grid computing do not encounter bottlenecks that reduce full enterprise efficiency.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR645’s versatility addresses a wide range of data management solutions. Support for multiple GPUs in 1U streamlines performance for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments, providing the technical resources to aid in scale-out VDI instances
for a growing enterprise workforce.
Unique Lenovo AnyBay technology provides optimised storage flexibility and performance, with support for up to 12x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs. High-speed, low latency NVMe storage is ideal for caching data utilised
in analytics and database deployments to gain better business insights and take control of the growing volume, variety, and velocity of data.
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR645 Key Features
- World renowned for server reliability 1st 7 years in a row!
- Support for up to 4TB of system memory
- Supports up to three single-width 75W GPUs, for substantial processing power in a 1U system.
- 12x 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays.
- 4x 3.5-inch drive bays for lower-cost high-capacity HDD storage
- Supports 10x NVMe drives without oversubscription of PCIe lanes (1:1 connectivity)
- enabling lower cost, high capacity storage solution for cold storage workloads.
- Supports high-speed RAID controllers from Broadcom providing 12 Gb SAS connectivity to the drive backplanes. A variety of PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0 RAID adapters are available.
- Supports M.2 drives for convenient operating system boot functions or data storage. Available M.2 adapters support either one M.2 drive or two M.2 drives in a RAID 1 configuration for performance and reliability.
- The server has a dedicated industry-standard OCP 3.0 small form factor (SFF) slot, with a PCIe 4.0 x16 interface, supporting a variety of Ethernet network adapters. Simple-swap mechanism with thumbscrews and pull-tab enables tool-less installation and removal of the adapter. Supports shared BMC network sideband connectivity to enable out-of-band systems management
- The server offers PCI Express 4.0 I/O expansion capabilities that doubles the theoretical maximum bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 (16GT/s in each direction for PCIe 4.0, compared to 8 GT/s with PCIe 3.0). A PCIe 4.0 x16 slot provides 64 GB/s bandwidth, enough to support a 400GbE network connection.
- Up to three PCIe 4.0 slots, all with rear access, plus an internal bay for a cabled RAID adapter or HBA, plus a slot dedicated to the OCP adapter.
The ThinkSystem SR645 features Lenovo’s lauded XClarity system management suite. The XClarity management controller supports an easy-to-use application with industry standard Redfish-compliant REST APIs that provide streamlined hardware provisioning and maintenance, enabling a data-driven, centralised view of data centre operations.
Trust Lenovo ThinkShield to protect and defend your data centre infrastructure from attacks, with a comprehensive end to-end approach to security that begins with development and continues through supply chain and the full life cycle of the device. AMD EPYC processors also offer unique security features, embedded with secure boot and full memory encryption capabilities to address growing security-threats.
Lenovo is the leading provider of x86 systems for the data centre. The portfolio includes rack, tower, blade, dense and converged systems, and supports enterprise class performance, reliability and security.
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR645 Specifications
|Form Factor||1U rack server|
|Processors||Up to two (2) AMD EPYC™ 7002 Generation Processors, up to 64C, 280W*|
|Memory||32x DDR4 memory slots; Maximum 4TB using 128GB RDIMMs; up to 1DPC at 3200MHz, 2DPC at 3200MHz*|
|Drive Bays||Up to 4x 3.5″or 12x 2.5″ drives; Maximum of 12x NVMe drives with 1:1 connection*|
|Expansion Slots||Up to 3x PCIe 4.0 slots, 1x OCP 3.0 adapter slot|
|GPU||Up to 3x single-width GPUs|
|Network Interface||OCP 3.0 mezz adapter, PCIe adapters|
|Power||Dual redundant PSUs (up to 1800W Platinum)|
|Ports||Front: 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x VGA (optional)|
Rear: 3x USB 3.1, 1x Serial port (optional), 1x RJ-45 (management)
|Systems Management||Lenovo XClarity Controller*|
|OS Support||Microsoft Windows Server, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESXi*|
|Limited Warranty||1- and 3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite services, next business day 9×5, optional service upgrades|
As certified and approved suppliers we can help provide evaluation systems, quotations and full technical support and services to ensure you’re pleased with your purchase and would recommend them again.
To start your Lenovo journey call us on 01256 331614 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org