Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 Server
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 is designed for GPU Workloads
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 is a dual-socket 2U rackmount server that supports the Intel® Xeon® family of processors. With support for 4x double-width or 8x single-width high performance GPUs.
Designed to tackle workloads such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), High Performance Computing (HPC), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL).
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 up to 2 second-generation Intel® Xeon® Platinum processors, and a TDP ratings up to 205W running at 3.8GHz.
With a wide choice of storage storage configurations the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 servers provides support for:
- Up to eight 2.5-inch drives and M.2 boot SSDs for storage flexibility
- Support for 100 GbE and EDR InfiniBand adapters including Intel OPA support for high-performance networking
- Enabled for Lenovo intelligent Computing Orchestration (LiCO) HPC/AI management software
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 provides the expandability, networking scalability, and speed necessary to ensure that I/O intensive workloads such as software defined networking, and grid computing do not encounter bottlenecks that reduce full enterprise efficiency.
Versatile and Scalable
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 supports the following NVIDIA cards:
- A100 40GB
- Tesla V100 32Gb
- Tesla V100S 32GB
- Quadro RTX-8000 48GB
- Quadro RTX-6000 24GB
- Tesla P40 24GB
- Tesla T4 16GB
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 Key Features
- Supports up to four high-performance GPUs, including the NVIDIA Tesla V100, resulting in a 1:2 ratio of CPUs to GPUs. Alternatively supports up to eight NVIDIA T4 single-wide GPUs, resulting in a 1:4 ratio of CPUs to GPUs.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows processor cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor TDP.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better use the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Support for up to 24 TruDDR4 memory DIMMs operating at 2933 MHz means you have the fastest available memory subsystem and memory capacity of up to 1.5 TB using 24x 64 GB RDIMMs.
- High-speed RAID controllers from Broadcom provide 12 Gb SAS connectivity to the drive backplane. 12 Gbps SAS internal storage connectivity doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS
solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
- Up to 8x 2.5-inch drives, supporting HDDs and SSDs, either SAS or SATA, provide a flexible local storage platform.
- Supports a Lenovo patented-design M.2 adapter for convenient operating system boot functions. Available M.2 adapters support either one M.2 drive or two M.2 drives in a RAID 1 configuration for boot drive performance and reliability.
- Up to 11x PCIe slots with space for 8x single-wide GPUs, or up to 8x PCIe slots with space for 4x double-wide GPUs; plus 3x additional general-purpose PCIe slots for network adapters.
The ThinkSystem SR670 features Lenovo’s lauded XClarity system management suite. The XClarity management controller supports an easy-to-use application with industry standard Redfish-compliant REST APIs that provide streamlined hardware provisioning and maintenance, enabling a data-driven, centralized view of data centre operations.
Trust Lenovo ThinkShield to protect and defend your data centre infrastructure from attacks, with a comprehensive end to-end approach to security that begins with development and continues through supply chain and the full life cycle of the device.
Lenovo is the leading provider of x86 systems for the data centre. The portfolio includes rack, tower, blade, dense and converged systems, and supports enterprise class performance, reliability and security.
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR670 Specifications
As certified and approved suppliers we can help provide evaluation systems, quotations and full technical support and services to ensure you’re pleased with your purchase and would recommend them again.