We provide a range of CCTV storage solutions to store and protect recorded footage that needs to be kept or archived including cloud storage. Video surveillance provides businesses, law enforcement, councils and home users with the ability to remotely monitor their premises using IP CCTV cameras. With mega-pixel IP CCTV cameras creating larger video files the need to store increasingly large amounts of video footage is an issue.
Our CCTV storage solutions use either disk drives of SSD to provide instantaneous access to stored footage. This replaces the previous method of storing CCTV footage using tape which was time-consuming and sometimes caused headaches when the tape jammed or snapped.
We provide a wide variety of CCTV storage solutions from a two drive system through to multiple Terabyte storage systems which are ideal if you need to store information for many days, months or years.
CCTV is being deployed in a variety of applications and business requirements and the demand for high performing and reliable storage is climbing.
- Reduced business and home insurance
- Deter criminals
- Digital surveillance and information gathering
- Fraud prevention
- Prevent insurance fraud
- Issuing of speeding tickets!
With the emergence of 4K CCTV cameras (3840×2160 pixels) the improvements in picture quality are 4x greater than HD (1920×1080 pixels). Using a 4K CCTV camera also consumes 4x the amount of data storage space required to store footage.
4K CCTV provides the following benefits :
- Better resolution images to identify criminals
- Reduce the number of fraudulent claims in the workplace through injury
- Reduced operator fatigue, by providing clearer images
- Increased depth and field of view
With the advent of multi-camera CCTV IP 4K HD video surveillance systems becoming available the amount of data these megapixel cameras generate daily is increasingly becoming a concern for many companies.
We provide a comprehensive range of storage systems to suit all budgets and requirements with a range of features and functionality to providing a storage solution that enables fast and secure access to information with the ability to store multi-terabytes of data for the long term.
- NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- iSCSI Storage
- Fibre Channel Storage
- Object Storage (No single points of failure)
Things to consider when deciding on storage
- Do you need to use SAS or SATA drives, if you are using more than 16 drives in a single storage system you should ideally choose SAS as this is better at handling the I/O commands from the system bus.
- What type of storage do you need Network Attached Storage (NAS), iSCSI, Object Storage, Fibre Channel, SAS or Unified?
- How much data do you need to store online for immediate access, and could you archive some of the data to near-line?
- Does the storage need to scale to accept more storage at a later date?
- How long do we need to store the video surveillance footage?
- Should you use hard disks or SSD?