Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F
Unified All Flash Storage Array
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F is a scalable, unified, all flash storage system that is designed to provide high performance, simplicity, capacity, security, and high availability for large enterprises. Powered by the ONTAP software, Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F delivers enterprise-class storage management capabilities with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features, including end-to-end NVMe support (NVMe over Fabrics and NVMe drives).
With DM Series all-flash systems you will:
- Get up to 5M IOPS in one cluster using DM All-Flash systems
- Support 2x more workloads and cut application response times
The Lenovo ThinkStystem DM7000F is a perfect fit for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including big data and analytics, artificial intelligence, engineering and design, hybrid clouds, and other storage I/O-intensive applications.
A single Lenovo DM7000F Storage Array scales up to 384 SFF solid-state drives (SSDs) with the attachment of Lenovo ThinkSystem DM240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosures.
The Lenovo DM7000F offers unified file and block storage connectivity with support for 1 GbE, 10 GbE, 25 GbE, and 40 GbE NAS and iSCSI, and 8 Gb, 16 Gb, and 32 Gb Fibre Channel protocols at the same time.
Optimise your data
For an enterprise-class hybrid cloud that offers predictable performance and availability, combine your DM Series storage array with Cloud Volumes ONTAP. This seamlessly integrates with and replicates data to multiple clouds, such as IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure.
FabricPool allows you to tier cold data to the cloud to free up space on expensive and high performing flash media. When using FabricPool you can tier data to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud and Alibaba cloud.
The following features are included with the Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F ONTAP software:
- RAID-4, RAID-DP, and RAID-TEC data protection : Provides the flexibility to choose the level of data protection required and helps improve performance and availability with built-in spare capacity and by distributing data across all physical drives in the aggregate, sustaining to up to one (RAID-4), two (RAID-DP), or three (RAID-TEC) concurrent drive failures.
- SyncMirror data protection : Adds extra level of data protection and availability by mirroring a pair of RAID aggregates.
- All Flash Array (AFA) capability : Meets the demand for higher speed, lower latency storage and provides higher IOPS and bandwidth with lower power usage and total cost of ownership than hybrid or HDD-based solutions.
- Flash Cache : Helps accelerate performance of read-centric workloads with read caching on the onboard NVMe flash module.
- FlexVol : Provides abstraction layer between the logical volume and its physical location in the storage array.
- FlexGroup : Enables a single volume to span across multiple clustered storage arrays to maximize storage capacity and automate load distribution.
- FlexCache : Speeds up access to data and offloads traffic from heavily accessed volumes for read-intensive workloads by placing frequently used data in cache locally or remotely (closer to the point of client access) and serving the data to the clients directly from cache without accessing the data source.
- Thin provisioning : Optimizes efficiency by allocating storage space based on the minimum space required by each application at any given time, so that applications consume only the space they are actually using, not the total space that has been allocated to them, which allows customers to purchase storage they need today and add more as application requirements grow.
- Compression : Provides transparent inline and post-process data compression to reduce the amount of storage that customers need to purchase and manage.
- Compaction : Works with compression to pack more data into each storage block to further reduce the amount of storage that customers need to purchase and manage.
- Deduplication : Performs general-purpose deduplication for removal of redundant data to reduce the amount of storage that customers need to purchase and manage.
- Snapshots : Enables creation of read-only copies of data for backup, parallel processing, testing, and development, and have the copies available almost immediately.
- FlexClone : References snapshot metadata to create writable point-in-time copies of a volume.
- Encryption : Provides software-based encryption for data at rest for enhanced data security with the traditional drives and embedded key management (requires the encryption-capable version of the ONTAP software).
- Balanced placement : Provides automated workload distribution across the cluster to help increase utilization and performance.
- Dynamic capacity expansion : Allows the capacity of a volume or aggregate to be expanded by adding new physical drives.
- Adaptive Quality of Service : Simplifies operations and maintains consistent workload performance by defining QoS policies and automatically adjusting storage resources to respond to workload changes.
- SnapVault disk-based storage backup : Enables data stored on multiple systems to be backed up to a central, secondary system quickly and efficiently as read-only snapshot copies.
- SnapRestore : Enables quick recovery of data by reverting a local volume or file to its previous state from a particular snapshot copy stored on the file system.
- SnapCenter : Provides application- and virtual machine-aware backup and restoration of data by using the Snapshots technology and leverages the SnapMirror capabilities of storage systems to provide onsite or offsite backup set mirroring for disaster recovery.
- MetroCluster :Provides storage system-based clustering with online, real-time data mirroring between the local and remote sites by using synchronous data transfers over Fibre Channel (MetroCluster FC) communication links to deliver continuous availability with zero RPO and near-zero RTO.
Note : All storage systems in a MetroCluster configuration must be of the same model.
- SnapMirror synchronous and asynchronous replication : Provides storage system-based, volume-level data replication between the storage systems containing source (local) and destination (remote) volumes by using synchronous (as soon as the data is written to the source volume) or asynchronous (at specified regular intervals) data transfers over IP communication links.
Note: The SnapMirror feature of the ThinkSystem DM7000F Unified All Flash Array interoperate with other ThinkSystem DM Series storage arrays.
Data Protection Optimized (DPO): Enables support for the increased number of volumes and SnapMirror peer relationships.
Lenovo ThinkSystem DM7000F Specifications
|NAS Scale-out:||12 Arrays|
|Maximum Drives (NVMe/SSD)||4608|
|Maximum RAW Capacity||70.5PB|
|SAN Scale-out:||6 Arrays|
|Maximum Drives (HDD/SSD)||2304|
|Maximum RAW Capacity||35.25PB|
|Cluster Interconnect||4x 10GbE|
|Per High Availability Pair Specifications||Active-Active Dual Controller|
|Maximum Drives (HDD/SSD)||384|
|Maximum RAW Capacity||5.898PB|
|Controller Form Factor||3U chassis with two high availability controllers|
|PCIe Expansion Slots||4|
|FC Target Ports (32Gb auto-ranging, maximum)||8|
|FC Target Ports (16Gb auto-ranging, maximum)||24|
|40GbE Ports (Maximum)||8|
|25GbE Ports||Not Applicable|
|10GbE Ports Maximum||32|
|10GbE Base-T Ports (1GbE auto-ranging maximum)||12|
|100GbE ports (40GbE auto-ranging)||Not Applicable|
|12Gb / 6Gb SAS Ports (Maximum)||24|
|OS Version||ONTAP 9.4 and later|
Find out how to optimize your workloads for better business outcomes by calling us on 01256 331614 or email email@example.com.