Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655 Server
ThinkSystem SR655 powered by AMD EPYC 7002 Processor
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655 is a single-socket 2U rackmount server that supports the AMD EPYC 7002 “Rome” family of processors. Designed to tackle big data centre workloads such as analytics virtualization, VDI, OLTP, software defined storage.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655 supports up to 64 cores and 128 threads per processor with core speeds of up to 3.7GHz, and a TDP ratings up to 280W. With support for the new PCIe 4.0 I/O standard with 8x PCIe slots, providing a world leading core count for a 2U server!
With a wide choice of storage storage configurations the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655 servers provides support for high capacity HDDs to lightning-quick NVMe drives to maximize both data capacity and throughput performance.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655 provides the expandability, networking scalability, and speed necessary to ensure that I/O intensive workloads such as software defined networking, and grid computing do not encounter bottlenecks that reduce full enterprise efficiency.
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655 Key Features
- World renowned for server reliability 1st 7 years in a row!
- Support for up to 2TB of system memory
- Supports 3 double-width GPUs up to 300W each, or 6 single-width GPUs up to 75W each. A 6:1 ratio of GPUs to CPUs means substantial processing power is available with just one CPU.
- 32x 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays, by using combinations of front-accessible (up to 24 bays), mid bays (8 bays) and rear-accessible (4 bays).
- 20x 3.5-inch drive bays for lower-cost high-capacity HDD storage. 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drive bays can be mixed if desired.
- Supports 16x SATA drives using the onboard SATA controller (no additional adapter needed), enabling lower cost, high capacity storage solution for cold storage workloads.
- Supports up to 28x NVMe drives without oversubscription of PCIe lanes (1:1 connectivity), or up to 32x NVMe drives with a 2:1 oversubscription. The use of NVMe drives maximizes drive I/O performance, in terms of throughput, bandwidth, and latency.
- Supports high-speed RAID controllers from Broadcom providing 12 Gb SAS connectivity to the drive backplanes. A variety of RAID adapters are available, with cache and support for up to 24 drives on a single controller.
- Supports M.2 drives for convenient operating system boot functions or data storage. Available M.2 adapters support either one M.2 drive or two M.2 drives in a RAID 1 configuration for performance and reliability.
- The server has a dedicated industry-standard OCP 3.0 small form factor (SFF) slot, with a PCIe 4.0 x16 interface, supporting a variety of Ethernet network adapters. Simple-swap mechanism with thumbscrews and pull-tab enables tool-less installation and removal of the adapter. Supports shared BMC network sideband connectivity to enable out-of-band systems management.
- The server offers PCI Express 4.0 I/O expansion capabilities that doubles the theoretical maximum bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 (16GT/s in each direction for PCIe 4.0, compared to 8 GT/s with PCIe 3.0). A PCIe 4.0 x16 slot provides 64 GB/s bandwidth, enough to support a 400GbE network connection.
- A total of up to 9 PCIe 4.0 slots (8 with rear access, 1 internal for a RAID adapter) plus a slot dedicated to the OCP adapter
The ThinkSystem SR665 features Lenovo’s lauded XClarity system management suite. The XClarity management controller supports an easy-to-use application with industry standard Redfish-compliant REST APIs that provide streamlined hardware provisioning and maintenance, enabling a data-driven, centralized view of data centre operations.
Trust Lenovo ThinkShield to protect and defend your data centre infrastructure from attacks, with a comprehensive end to-end approach to security that begins with development and continues through supply chain and the full life cycle of the device. AMD EPYC processors also offer unique security features, embedded with secure boot and full memory encryption capabilities to address growing security-threats.
Lenovo is the leading provider of x86 systems for the data centre. The portfolio includes rack, tower, blade, dense and converged systems, and supports enterprise class performance, reliability and security.
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR655 Specifications
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 – 2U dual socket version
As certified and approved suppliers we can help provide evaluation systems, quotations and full technical support and services to ensure you’re pleased with your purchase and would recommend them again.