ThinkSystem SR860 V2 powered by Intel® Xeon® Processors
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 V2 is a four-socket 4U rackmount server that supports the Intel® Xeon® family of processors, supporting up to 8 high performance GPUs. Designed to tackle Mission critical workloads such as SAP HANA in-memory computing, transactional databases, deep learning, analytics, big data, and virtual machine density.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 V2 up to four 3rd-generation Intel Xeon
Scalable processors with Intel Optane Persistent Memory 200 Series, and scale-up capacity with up to 12TB of system memory, up to 14x PCIe slots, and up to 48x 2.5-inch drive bays.
With a wide choice of storage storage configurations the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 V2 servers provides support for high capacity HDDs to lightning-quick NVMe drives to maximise both data capacity and throughput performance.
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 V2 provides the expandability, networking scalability, and speed necessary to ensure that I/O intensive workloads such as software defined networking, and grid computing do not encounter bottlenecks that reduce full enterprise efficiency.
Versatile and Scalable
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 V2 incorporates up to four powerful Intel® Xeon® processor Scalable family CPUs. The unique Lenovo AnyBay technology provides the flexibility to mix-and-match SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs and NVMe SSDs in the same drive bays. Four direct-connect NVMe ports on the motherboard provide ultra-fast read/writes with NVMe drives and reduce costs by eliminating PCIe switch adapters. Plus, storage can be tiered for greater application performance, to provide the most cost-effective solution. Optional mirrored M.2 drives ensure reliability and quick OS initialization. SR860 V2 also features 80 PLUS Platinum and Titanium PSUs, as well as continuous operation at 45°C, to reduce energy costs.
View with expansion tray.
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 V2 Key Features
- World renowned for server reliability 1st 7 years in a row!
- Support for up to 12TB of system memory
- Support for up to four processors, 112 cores, and 224 threads allows to maximise the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Enhanced inter-processor communications with six UPI connections between adjacent processors ensures increased CPU I/O throughput.
- Supports the new bfloat16 instruction set for Enhanced Deep Learning Boost
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better use the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Enhanced Intel Deep Learning Boost provides built-in acceleration with the Vector Neural Network Instruction set (VNNI) and new bloat16 instructions. These are designed to deliver significant, more efficient Deep Learning (Inference) acceleration for high-performance Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class workloads, including databases and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Up to 48x 2.5-inch drive bays — supporting combinations of SAS or SATA HDDs, SAS or SATA SSDs, and NVMe PCIe SSDs — provide a flexible and scalable all-in-one platform to meet your increasing demands. Up to 24x NVMe drives are supported, maximizing drive I/O performance in terms of throughput, bandwidth, and latency.
- The server has a dedicated industry-standard OCP 3.0 small form factor (SFF) slot, with a PCIe 3.0 x16 interface, supporting a variety of Ethernet network adapters. Simple-swap mechanism with thumbscrews and pull-tab enables tool-less installation and removal of the adapter. Supports shared BMC network sideband connectivity to enable out-of-band systems management.
- Up to 14 PCIe 3.0 slots in addition to the OCP 3.0 Ethernet slot to maximize I/O capabilities.
- Support for four high-performance double-wide GPUs such as the NVIDIA Tesla V100S, or eight single-wide GPUs such as the NVIDIA T4 GPU. GPUs adds additional processing power to the server.
- Integrated SATA controller with Software RAID (Intel RSTe) support for up to 8x drives with basic RAID functionality with no additional adapter needed.
Trust Lenovo ThinkShield to protect and defend your data centre infrastructure from attacks, with a comprehensive end to-end approach to security that begins with development and continues through supply chain and the full life cycle of the device.
Lenovo is the leading provider of x86 systems for the data centre. The portfolio includes rack, tower, blade, dense and converged systems, and supports enterprise class performance, reliability and security.
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR860 V2 Specifications
|Form Factor||4U rack server|
|Processors||Up to 4 third-generation Intel® Xeon® Platinum processors, up to 250W|
|Memory||Up to 12TB of TruDDR4 memory in 48x slots; Memory speeds up to 3200MHz at 2 DIMMs per channel; Supports Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory 200 Series|
|Drive Bays||Up to 48x 2.5-inch drives; Supports up to 24x NVMe drives (16x with 1:1 connection); 2x 7mm or 2x M.2 drives for boot.|
|Expansion Slots||Up to 14x PCIe 3.0 expansion slots|
Front: VGA, 1x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0
Rear: 2x USB 3.1, Serial port, VGA port, 1GbE dedicated management port
|GPU Support||Up to 4x double-wide 300W GPUs (NVIDIA V100S) or 8x single-wide 70W GPUs (NVIDIA T4)|
|HBA/RAID Support||Onboard SATA with SW RAID, Support for ThinkSystem PCIe RAID/HBA cards|
|Network Interface||Dedicated OCP 3.0 slot supporting 1GbE, 10GbE or 25GbE|
|Security and Availability Features||TPM 2.0; PFA; hot-swap/redundant drives and power supplies; redundant fans; internal light path diagnostic LEDs; front-access diagnostics via dedicated USB port; optional integrated diagnostic LCD panel|
|Power (Energy Star 2.0 compliant)||Up to 4x Platinum or Titanium hot-swap power supplies; N+N and N+1 redundancy supported|
|Systems Management||XClarity Controller embedded management, XClarity Administrator centralized infrastructure delivery, XClarity Integrator plugins, and XClarity Energy Manager centralised server power management|
|OS Support||Microsoft, Red Hat, SUSE, VMware. Visit lenovopress.com/osig for details.|
|Limited Warranty||1- and 3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite services, next business day 9×5, optional service upgrades|
As certified and approved suppliers we can help provide evaluation systems, quotations and full technical support and services to ensure you’re pleased with your purchase and would recommend them again.
To start your Lenovo journey call us on 01256 331614 or email us email@example.com